If you’re looking for a place to donate for the #ChangeTheWorldNotOurBodies campaign that I started yesterday, why not check out some awesome fat community projects that are currently looking for funding? I’ve mentioned most of these in various posts, but I figured it would be helpful to round them up in one place.
– Support Abundant Bodies at AMC 2014: Our movements need to think more critically about body policing, sizeism, and fatphobia. Help make this track a reality by supporting Abundant Bodies @ AMC2014.
– One of the participants in the Abundant Bodies track also has his own fundraising page for travel funds.
– Second Helpings Exhibit & Performance Fatinee: All fat, all queer art! An event of obese proportions.
– Make Me a Radical Dietician (by Michelle, aka the Fat Nutritionist, who is so many kinds of awesome): For years, I’ve helped people learn to eat normally. Now I can help even more by becoming a Registered Dietitian.
– The Fired Fat Girl Travel Fund: Help me hit the road to socialize and politicize about body size! I am unemployed for the first time in my adult life. That means there’s something else important I need to do.
Bonus: a few crowd-funding efforts that are not fat-related, but look awesome and could use your support.
– Solar Roadways: Solar panels that you can drive, park, and walk on. They melt snow and… cut greenhouse gases by 75-percent?!!!
– Energy Justice Summer: We’re working with frontline communities in Pennsylvania to fight fracking.
– Help Biyuti Publishing Become Sustainable: A campaign to build up the infrastructure at biyuti publishing, shorten publishing times, and make 100% author royalties a sustainable reality. biyuti publishing is a small, independent publisher focused on getting the work of trans women of colour and queer/trans people of colour out into the world. This organization was/is founded, managed, and run by trans women of colour.